Good morning, All,
I read last week that e-mail is now considered the "traditional" way to reach constituents. Wow, that makes me feel so OLD!
This morning I finally bit the proverbial bullet and read about HOW to use Twitter, an application I've been playing around with for years. Here are several uses I see for Twitter in online classrooms, right off the bat:
1. Have all students get a free Twitter account.
2. Put hashtags (#) and my course name with each Tweet I want students to read (#RED4043)
3. Have students put #RED4043 with each Tweet that is applicable to our class
4. Hold a class discussion about a topic (hashtags included) during the course of a week or so on Twitter
5. Suggest hashtag searches for students to learn about other topics relevant to the class.
Interesting ideas! Comment if you can think of other uses for Twitter in an online class.
DrW
No comments:
Post a Comment